Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Bit Like Alice - I'm Late, I'm late!

I'm still swimming in uncharted waters with this blog.  I promised I would pace myself in when I would blog and not blog.  How much is to much and how much is not enough?  I generally write when things start overflowing in my brain & this for me is a great way to journal my thoughts.  Yesterday, I felt like Alice in Wonderland in that I was late for a very important date - my hair appointment!  I knew I had the appointment, but wasn't sure of the time.  I woke up very, very late indeed - 9:15 a.m. to be exact and that for me is very unusual.  I searched high and low for the new card my hairdresser gave me & finally found it with the appointment of 10:30 a.m.  Whew, enough time for me to shower, dress and drive the 14 miles to Niles.  Made it there 5 minutes late and thankfully there was wasn't another soul in the salon.  Ronda, the owner is such a sweetheart & wasn't as upset as I. 

Haircut completed, I decided to stop at Goodwill.  Yes folks, I shop at Goodwill and am proud of it!  I needed a quick fix & never know what I will find & it was a good day.  Furniture filled the store & if I had brought a truck, would have come home with the back end filled, but had to settle for a couple of small wood plain Jane end tables, which hopefully with a coat of paint will be transferred into something magical.  A couple of years ago, I bought the most adorable desk table with a worn finish.  I was getting ready to do a spring show down in Shisphewana & wanted something "springy". I decided the desk would look great with a coat of spring green paint & I ended up choosing a bright almost lime green (I thought), but ended with something more minty looking.  I was short on time & forged ahead with paint brush in hand.  It turned out okay & looked good in our booth with a pot of bright red geraniums sitting on top.  It didn't sell at the show, but was able to unload it a couple of weeks later.  Here's the quandary - what to do with the leftover paint?  I painted chairs, boards, totes, anything I could find & that darn paint can never dwindled.  I decided I just could not stand to look at that color one more minute & retired it once & for all.  Fast forward to a new year & new spring season & off I go to the paint store, determined to find just the right color green.  The paint Gods have it in for me, as I swear I came home with something just as close as my old can of paint. What does this have to do with the plain Jane tables you ask?  Well, it's time for me to choose a color & God help me I just can't bring myself to paint it green.  Will keep you informed of my progress.  I have so many paint projects and like Alice, never seem to have enough time or was that the rabbit? 

No comments:

Post a Comment